What After 10th?
The right time to choose your career is when you are at the initial stage, i.e. when you are pursuing your 10th class or have finished your 10th grade. This is the time when students need to analyze themselves and their capabilities in order to choose an appropriate career option after 10th. You should also seek help from parents, teachers, seniors, and friends because they too are aware of your capabilities & skills. Students should consider the following points while deciding their career after 10th class:
3. Difficulty Level of the Subjects
4. Skills Required
5. Nature of Potential Work
6. Future Opportunities
There are various after 10th career options available for students which are explained below:
Education After 10th – Available Streams for 12th
In order to get a firm foundation for further career & studies like graduation & post graduation, doing +2 or 12th or PUC is always a best option. But the crucial factor is to choose stream for your 12th class. The main available streams are:
- Science Stream – open up the career options in Engineering & Medical Sciences. The main subjects includes Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics for the students who want to study engineering. And the students looking for career in Medical has to take Biology as a main subject.
- Commerce Stream – is open for those students who would like to seek career in Finance & Business fields. Some of the major subjects includes Economics, Accountancy, Income Tax, Auditing, Business Studies & Business Law etc. Some famous graduate programs you can opt for through commerce are B. Com, BBA, CA, CS, ICWA, CFA etc.
- Arts or Humanities Stream – offers exciting opportunities in various fields. It includes various subjects like Hindi, English, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Psychology etc. You can pursue career in literature, mass media, social service, human psychology, economics etc. through arts.
Courses After 10th
Let us now discuss main courses after 10th, which include diploma courses, polytechnic courses, job oriented courses, professional courses, vocational courses etc. The main aim of all these courses is to make the students professional & job oriented.
Polytechnic / Diploma Courses After 10th
After 10th diploma courses are good options for students looking for quick jobs. Diploma courses (Polytechnic Courses) can be in various subjects. Some of the main courses are:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Technology
- Diploma in Interior Decoration
- Diploma Course for Nursery & Primary Teachers
ITI Courses After 10th
Doing ITI courses after 10th is also a fine option to have professional skills. ITI has introduced different types of courses within N.C.V.T, G.C.V.T. & Short Term courses. Here are some of the popular ITI courses:
- Building Construction and Maintenance Course
- Electrician Course
- Assistant Architectural Course
- Carpentry Course
- Draftsman Civil
- Draftsman Mechanical
Government Jobs After 10th
Students after matriculation, can try their luck in government sector. Following are some popular government jobs after 10th class.
If a student is able to clear physical & written test, then he can join as constable in CRPF.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
SSC conducts clerks grade examination for those students who passed 10th.
Students can join Indian Army with the post of soldiers through written tests like Indian Army Soldier Technical (M.E.R.) Examination, Indian Army Soldier Clerks Examination, Indian Army Soldier General Duty (N.E.R.) Examination etc.
Students can seek job opportunities by giving written test in Indian Navy as Dock Yard Apprentices, Sailors etc.
So, analyze yourself and choose which option would be right choice for you after your 10th. Hope this post will help you make your future bright by choosing right career. All the best!
You can also read these blogs for more information :-