Earlier, students did not have many courses to pursue or many career options to choose from. The minute you got out of your 12th grade, you had the basic university programs as streams of study. But today, education has diversified and has addressed various niches. Several courses have been developed by education communities catering to different areas of study and subjects; especially, by introducing diploma programs into the mainstream list.
Diploma engineering courses are available for students who have completed 10th standard and above. There are short term and long term diplomas available in traditional as well as in distant learning institutions. Most of the Diploma courses are not mainstream studies or university programs but they cater to different subjects and specialization. However, one of the vividly pursued diploma degree courses is engineering.
Today, education system has gone through many significant changes, one such being introduction to diploma in engineering programs to students completed secondary level of education so as to offer a huge scope to them at the very beginning of career. Although many academicians believe that diploma courses are not as competitive as mainstream studies, it does have many good benefits which are quite rewarding. For a 12th standard pass student, taking up a diploma in engineering course augments skill level and adds another career option to their list.
Many reputed distance learning institutes offer diploma courses to students. Part time course will not only help students to possess more knowledge but will also help them to maintain a seamless balance between work and education.
Advantages of Diploma in Engineering include
- Diploma offers more practical sessions than theory which aids to improve the competency levels of students.
- Not all engineering studies require normal graduation degree; a diploma proves to be more beneficent in many cases.
- Diploma candidates are qualified to get better job opportunities, immediately after matriculation.
- Students with diploma degree may join as junior engineers in various industries such as railway, construction and other central and state departments.
- Online diploma course broadens their skill levels by letting students to simultaneously utilise their knowledge in respective industries.