Introduction To Diploma Courses
Diploma courses are those courses which are mostly provided by government or private institutes. Nowadays some universities are also offering short term diploma and certificate courses. These courses are also known as professional courses because these are job oriented courses. After doing these courses most of the aspirants get a good job according to their qualifications. They earn a handy salary after the completion of their course. These courses are of various durations they could be from 1 month to 3 years long according to their curriculum. There is a number of diploma and certificate courses that are available in India. Nowadays most of the aspirants want to earn good money very early in their career, that’s why too many aspirants opt for diploma and certificate courses in India in the current era.
There are too many diploma and certificate courses available in our country, all these courses are controlled by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) in India. Diploma courses are of many types some are available to 10th passed students while some are available to 12th passed students and some are for the graduates only. The courses which are available to 10th passed or 12th passed are known as simply diploma courses while the courses available only to diploma holders and graduates are the postgraduate diploma courses.
There are too many diploma courses available in India, some of them are listed here.
- DBA (Diploma in Business Administration) is a diploma course available in management, to do this course you have to be 12th passed. After passing 12th you can pursue this diploma course, this is almost equivalent to BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration).
- DCA (Diploma in Computer Applications) is a diploma course in computer applications, this is also for 12th passed students. This is just like BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) because it involves the study of software and its applications.
- PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) is a course almost equivalent to MBA (Master of Business Administration) only graduates in any discipline or diploma holders in business administration can pursue this postgraduate diploma course.
- PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications) is neck to neck equivalent with MCA (Master of Computer Applications) again this course is also available to any graduate or diploma holder in computer applications.
- Diploma in Engineering is the diploma course in engineering available to 10th passed students as well as to 12th passed students. These courses are available in government and as well as private institutes under various disciplines. There is no difference between the course to 10th passed and 12th passed students, the only difference is that 10th passed students has to study for 1 more year in comparison to 12th passed students.
- Diploma in Technology is also a diploma course for 10th passed and 12th passed students. Again 10th passed students have to study 1 extra year than 12th passed students.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Engineering is a postgraduate diploma course for the graduates such as B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering), B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology), B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science) in Engineering and B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science) in Technology or the diploma holders in engineering.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Technology is also a postgraduate diploma course for the graduates such as BE (Bachelor of Engineering), B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology), B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science) in Engineering and B. Sc. (Bachelor of Science) in Technology or the diploma holders in technology.
Options After Diploma
There are too many options after doing these courses you can go for job at an instant or go for further studies, after getting diploma if you go for the bachelors degree of same discipline then you will get lateral entry to that course means after getting DBA diploma you will get admission to the 2nd year of BBA. Similarly, after postgraduate diploma, you will get lateral admission to the postgraduate degree program.
If you are looking for a quick job or you wanna do a skilled job with your studies then diploma courses are made for you. After getting the diploma you have the opportunity to continue your studies with your job as distance learning. So, if you are choosing any diploma course hope you will succeed in your later part of life. Good luck!